5 Tips to Enjoying Your Day Spa Visit
There's just something about walking into a day spa, isn't there? It's a haven from your hectic every day life, an oasis that lets you do something just for you. That massage or body treatment feels like a guilty indulgence, even though it's probably necessary for your sanity!
Whether you're visiting a day spa for the first time or the fiftieth, these tips will help you get the most out of your massage, body wrap, aromatherapy, etc.
1. Remember when Mom told you not to swim for an hour after eating? Well, the same holds true for spa visits. Don't eat for at least an hour before a massage or body treatment.
2. Arrive 30 minutes early. If you're worried about being late, tapping your foot waiting for the elevator and rushing to the receptionist desk, you won't get nearly as much out of your visit.
3. RELAX! I know, that's how you're supposed to feel after you're done. If you can take a few deep breaths before your treatment (in the waiting room, since you're early, right?), your experience will be that much more rewarding.
4. Drink LOTS of water before and after. Water enhances the detoxifying and rehydrating benefits.
5. Talk to your therapists - they don't bite! If anything feels off, let them know: too hot/cold, too much pressure/too little pressure, music's too loud - anything. They want you to have the best experience possible so you'll come back for more.